14 hand-planed thoughts from the dustpan of my mind–
1. We never wear white after Labor Day-
2. A sawmill operator moonlighting as a rapper is called Lil Wane.
3. Prophecy found behind a wall shingle up at Hatch Mill, circa 1975:
4. True story:
You’re hustling to finish up some joinery, just going along cleaning out a mortise…
In your haste you drive the damn chisel too deeply into gnarly grain…
So you pull and twist and pull again–maybe you shoulda had decaf this morning…
Like Arthur & Excalibur that blade is finally released from its bonds!
…and the butt promptly hits you square in your forehead–
Instinctively, you thrust the chisel away from your head-
and straight into your thigh.
Injury added to insult.
At least you needn’t hone the chisel afterwards.
(Props to the uber-talented artist Megan Stanley for the illustrations!)
5. Your irony game is strong, WD:
6. This is what happens whenever you drink cider in Somerset, UK:
7. Is this meant to be distracting?
8. This could be us but you planing:
9. From this morning:
10. Puritans–can’t live with ’em, can’t get ’em to believe in transubstantiation-
12. At a pie-shop in Reading:
If you’re local, go see Kim and the crew to learn all about this essential dietary staple–You’ll never have so much fun with ground corn!
14. This is your last chance to see Peter Follansbee shave–
–riven stock, that is.
Plymouth CRAFT has a couple openings left in the Riving and Hurdlemaking–a Primer on Green Woodworking workshop this weekend.
While BLUE OAK doesn’t condone impulsive actions made while holding a draw-knife, act impulsively right now to save a spot!